Single hung windows and casement windows have a lot in common: both types are easy to fit into almost any interior, they are quite convenient to maintain and let a lot of light into the room.
Read in our article about the main advantages and disadvantages of each type and choose the window that best fits your home.
Table of Contents
Single Hung Windows Pros and Cons
Let’s start with the advantages:
- Such windows will be relevant in almost any interior;
- Affordable price;
- Many options of design and customization (for example, you can add screens);
- Products equipped with a tilt-in sash are convenient to clean from the inside;
- Single Hung Windows are oriented vertically. They are an ideal solution for sidewalks and patios, because they don’t open to the outside like casement windows, and can’t be an obstacle.
- Allow less air than the hinged structures;
- Less energy-efficient, cold air can seep into the room on the perimeter of the moving sash.
Casement Windows Pros and Cons
- Provide excellent ventilation, as the sash opens to its full height;
- Optimal solution for the cases where energy efficiency is a priority;
- Elegant design: the products look stylish and modern.
- Cost more than single hung windows;
- More difficult in maintenance;
- You can’t install screens;
- Can be an obstacle when opened.
Choosing one or another type of window system depends on your priorities. If you live in a humid climate or in a region with extreme temperature variations, choose casement structures.
If you have limited space and budget – look at Single Hung Windows.
Do you know where to buy quality windows?
Check out the range of Vinyl Light Windows & Doors. This brand has been on the market for over 14 years and has made many Canadians’ homes even warmer and more comfortable.
The company works directly with suppliers and can offer advantageous prices for its entire range of models. All products have proper certificates, so you can be sure that you buy quality modern products.
If you buy windows, only Vinyl Light vinyllight.ca!