Are you tired of walking into a dull and lifeless bathroom? Want to add some greenery to your space but don’t know where to start? Look no further! Plants are the perfect solution to breathe life into your bathroom design. Not only do they add a pop of colour and texture to your space, but they also improve air quality, enhance your mood, and promote a sense of calm. And the best part? There are plenty of plants that are well-suited to the unique environment of your bathroom.
In this article, we’ll be diving into the world of bathroom plants and discussing everything you need to know about finding the perfect plant for your space. We’ll cover the best plants for low light, high humidity, and how to incorporate them into your bathroom design to enhance your interior design. Whether you’re a seasoned plant parent or just starting out, this guide has something for everyone. So, let’s get started!
Understanding the Environment of Your Bathroom
Before we jump into the list of the best plants for your small bathroom idea, it’s important to understand the environment of your bathroom. Bathrooms can be challenging environments for plants due to high humidity levels and a lack of natural light. This is because bathrooms are typically small, enclosed spaces that are frequently used, leading to high levels of moisture in the air. The lack of natural light is also a concern, as most plants require sunlight to thrive.
However, with the right information and a little bit of care, you can create a lush and thriving oasis in your bathroom. By choosing plants that are well-suited to the unique environment of your bathroom, you can enjoy the benefits of indoor plants without the hassle.
Low Light Plants for Your Bathroom
If your small bathroom idea lacks natural light, there are still plenty of options for plants. Here are some of the best low-light plants for your bathroom:
- Peace Lily: This beautiful plant is known for its ability to purify the air and remove harmful pollutants. It is also very low maintenance, making it a great option for bathroom enthusiasts with a busy lifestyle.
- Snake Plant: Snake plants are known for their ability to tolerate low light levels, making them a great option for bathrooms with little natural light. They also have the added benefit of being extremely low maintenance, so you can enjoy the benefits of indoor plants without the fuss.
- Pothos: Pothos are a type of trailing vine that is known for its ability to adapt to low light conditions. They are also very easy to care for and can add a pop of green to your bathroom in no time.
- Cast Iron Plant: As its name suggests, the Cast Iron Plant is a tough plant that can withstand low light levels and high humidity levels, making it a great option for your bathroom.
- Spider Plant: Spider plants are known for their ability to purify the air and remove harmful pollutants, making them a great option for your bathroom. They are also very easy to care for and can add a pop of green to your space in no time.
High Humidity Plants for Your Bathroom
Bathroom interior designs are typically humid environments, which can be a plus for certain types of plants. Here are some of the best high-humidity plants for your bathroom:
- Bamboo Palm: Bamboo palms are a type of large, leafy plant that is well-suited to high-humidity environments. They are also great air purifiers, making them a great option for your bathroom.
- English Ivy: English Ivy is a classic choice for high-humidity environments, as it is known for its ability to thrive in damp conditions. This plant is also great for removing pollutants from the air and is known for its ability to help alleviate symptoms of respiratory problems.
- Orchids: Orchids are a popular choice for bathroom plants, as they love the high humidity levels and are known for their delicate beauty. With the right care, they can bloom for months on end, adding a touch of elegance to your bathroom.
- Ferns: Ferns are a classic choice for high-humidity environments and are a great way to add some green to your bathroom. There are many different types of ferns to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that fits your style.
- Tropical Plants: Tropical plants like the Chinese Evergreen or ZZ Plant are perfect for high-humidity environments. They are known for their ability to purify the air and their ability to thrive in low light conditions, making them a great option for your bathroom.
By incorporating plants into your bathroom design, you can create a space that is not only functional but also beautiful and relaxing. With the right plants, you can turn your bathroom into an oasis of calm, helping you to start and end your day on a positive note.